Saturday 21 August 2010

The Train

The prodigious platform 4, 
Waiting for the train, it arrives at 22:59
Am waiting to arrive at my destination, 
Through the tunnels, I can't seem to think about what might happen, 
The passengers, some awake, some asleep.


I always found myself looking back and forth, 
Catching a glimpse at the adverts posted on the train walls, 
I sat on my seat, watching as the train moved more faster, 
The seats are less occupied, 
But the most thing is I can't wait to get home.


As the train got to each passengers destination, 
The train becomes less empty
The noises, the crying, the yawning these are all signs of tiredness,
Some coming from work, some coming back from their various outings.
My mum and brother are seating in front of me so then I don't feel lonely,
As I gazed out the window, the streets looked empty, Where have all the people gone too I asked myself?
Fast approaching my stop, I cant wait to sleep on my bed.


My mum taking a silent nap,
My brother looking out the window as if searching for something important,
Am just the girl seating on the train awaiting my stop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment