Monday 25 October 2010

A Mother

A mother, my mother, our mums,
They are real treasures
My mum is a single mother,
She is the definition of a true mother,
Without her I will be no one,
Without her I will get no where,
Through the ups and downs she has had in her life,
She always stood by me, instructed me about what was right and wrong.
What else can a mother be?

She is thoughtful,
Full of surprises, Dam I love her!
The simile on her face makes me happy,
Yet the wrinkle on her face reminds me that she is getting old.
Dear mother, sweet mother,
So tender and loving,
The world revolves around you.

For everything she has done, I want to repay her back,
I want to make her feel special,
I want to care for her the same way she has cared for me,
I want to love her and thank her for her everyday effort,
I want to put a never ending smile on her face!

The gentle breeze that sweeps her feet,
Her hands so soft and can also be used for correction,
Her hugs seem to last for a long time,
Her skin so soft and tender that you lean on her in times of trouble,
Her words of wisdom shows what she has experienced at her teenage days,
Her stories, so eye-catching and intriguing!

Her hard work is a lot,
“Am in tears” words can’t express the love that I have for her,
I have made her cry, upset, down and yet she still loves me? Yes that’s a mother!
Catered for me when I was sick, catered for me as her daughter, I am her daughter.
A mother like this is one I want to keep forever.

Catching a glimpse at her face in my head,
I can always hear her laughters,
Though I may tell her “I hate her sometimes” but these words are not true,
I cherish her, I love her,
She is everything I aspire to become in a woman,
She is worth everything!

Then there are days when I think too myself….Am going to loose her,
I can’t have her forever, that’s why every memory and moment counts now than before,
I want her to hold on to me forever, for eternity,
I am not ready to let her go,
Knowing I have such treasure as a mother makes me the happiest girl in the world,
A mother, my mother, our mum
They are the real treasures.
I love you mum!

2 comments:

  1. This is touching and applicable to today's life between the life of a teenager and mother.
    Keep it up Princess.
    xxxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you love.......am glad you could relate to it

    ReplyDelete